Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Waiting for Debbie to leave Ft. Myers

Today marks a week in Ft. Myers, Florida.  We got to visit my Aunt Jeanne Powder and fun cousins Diane and Marilyn.
Diane, Jeanne Powder, Marilyn

Too rainy to take everyone for a sail though Ray and Dale braved it in Pearl.  I think they just wanted to show off.  Well, we all know that doesn't run in the family!
This is actually St. Petersburg where Dale and Ray went to the Daddy school of sailing.  They both received their sailing permits and have been sailing around solo in Pearl (within sight!).  Ray says it is his favorite thing to do.  (At least it beats out schoolwork.)
Daddy's School of Sailing, part I
Daddy's School of Sailing, Part II

Diane took us to the beach side of the island on Sunday on the way home from Jean's just to see the waves.
Here's Ray trying to catch some!
I like his hair!
Debbie made big waves, glad we are not out in it.
The dock we are tied to ended up being about 4 inches under water at high tide yesterday.  Seems to flood often here during storms, the island is so low.  This is on the northeast end of Estero Island, just 4 blocks from the other side where Ft. Myers Beach parties.  This is a shallow channel and kind of industrial but pretty calm..... and safe too! ... the coast guard is just across the channel.
Land ahoy!  Dale and Ray as our lookouts as we head towards Ft. Myers Beach.
Smooth sailing on the way to Ft. Myers.

This is how we wait for good winds!

It's been so nice to get to visit with wonderful family.  We are waiting patiently (or not!) for Tropical Storm Debbie to vacate the area.  Looking for winds to take us to Key West and then on around Florida to the north!  
My cutie patootie!

Hope you are all well and happy!
Marty

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you managed to keep Castro's delivery of communist skywater away from your rum.

    Today I properly filled all my PTT sheets and am ready to enter the Actime. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to do my best at the corporate vigilance compliance training. And my lab coat is all nicely buttoned up so I'm not afraid of the safety audit in October.

    ReplyDelete